Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloweens past, and other orange things.

So, two things. I'm feeling very lazy today. Also, I have a short paper to write. Today we'll keep it short, sweet, and full of pictures, because everybody likes pictures.
Today's photo gallery is in honor of my favoritest holiday, Halloween! Queue ancient Fall-themed photos taken by yours truly with the late, lamented Powershot:
Actually, pretty frightening. Colorado, 2007.
So I'm going as some generic superhero on Sunday. I have these fabulous gold leggings and I ordered a red corset on Ebay like a month ago (of course, it hasn't gotten here yet so I may have to improvise), and yesterday me and a manfriend had an adventure in the Quarter looking for capes. I found a superfab purple one but it was $60. Like fer reals.
Candy Corn monstrosities: only at my house. Colorado, 2007.
I mean, I can be a superhero without being A superhero, right? Everybody's all, "Which one?" and I'm all, "Screw you guys, I'm my own superhero. Truth." I'm thinking daggers as my weapons of choice. If I can't get cheap daggers before Sunday - which somehow, I highly doubt, even with the Quarter at my fingertips - then I'll probably steal some kitchen knives and wrap paper around the hilt to make them look more authentic. Fer reals.
I love pumpkins. Fer reals. Colorado 2007.
Can you tell I take pictures in fits and starts? Truth. Although we have some really kick ass pumpkins at my big girl house right now, so stay tuned and you'll get to see some new pictures! Including one of my zombie pumpkin. And my Cinderella pumpkin.
My mom's really into decorative grains. Colorado, 2007.
The plans for Sunday are still pretty amorphous. Scare neighborhood children on the porch? Torrent Hocus Pocus and make the guys watch it with me (although that's a damn good movie, so I might not have to do much convincing)? Frenchmen street party? ALL THREE??
Vaguely inappropriate. For a pumpkin. Colorado, 2007.
Thankfully, this is New Orleans, and we can do all those things. We can also drink until we pass out and get crushed by the roiling mass that Frenchmen most certainly will be. I'm really getting pumped for the pandemonium.
They're just so sensual for giant orange veggies. Colorado, 2007.
Of course, I'll probably get tired and want to go home before two. But that's only because I'm secretly 93 years old in a twenty year old's body. Whatever happens, it'll be epic. I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment