Sunday, October 10, 2010

A poem about writing and reading poems, and other meta.

I always headlong stumble
through (epic) poems -
each line-caught stanza
lovely, on it's own;
Together, archipelago-strung,
each one like something sweet,
it lurches and panics
urgent-pressed past my teeth.
and wraps its legs around my ribs
And the next one comes
and claws desperately
and tangles its long fingers
to look in my eyes.
in my hair, slowly
pulls me down open-mouthed
to kiss it; sweet, and drunk.



I think I am entirely the wrong person
to judge the stuff of poets
dead twenty seven years before
I came here, wailing complaints,
and some sixteen more years
until I poetized, myself.
They say women are always autobiographers
That first was probably about a boy
and I want to argue, but
with green eyes? and hands
I can't disagree until I spill
like a farmers', someone
something about being
I thought should've used them
an asex lizard-creature from Mars
to cup my face in
out onto a piece of lined paper
before I even grew into it.
and burn it.

1 comment: